1. What time does the retreat start?
- Check-in is at 5:30pm on Thursday, September 26, 2019.
- The retreat ends at 2:00 pm on Sunday, September 29, 2019.
I’m a crocheter/spinner/weaver. Can I still come?
- We welcome participants at all levels, skillsets, and interests. And not just knitters! At our retreat there is always something new to learn. You’ll find a wealth of information and people ready to help. For more information on the classes being offered this year please see the Classes tab.
- As physical as you want to make it. You can go for a walk on the surrounding country roads or sit and knit all day (and night). It is entirely up to you. A golf cart is available if needed.
- Yes, wifi is available only in the lodge.
- We will provide the phone number of the Crossroads Retreat manager who can get messages to you.
- This time of year the weather in the Texas Hill Country can be unpredictable. Check the weather forecast prior to leaving for the retreat. Caldwell is located approximately one hour west of College Station.
- All of the buildings have air conditioning and heat.
- Attendees must be at least 18 years of age.
- The cabins used for sleeping are comfortable and simple. Each cabin will hold a maximum of thirteen attendees who will each have a twin size bottom bunk bed. One cabin is designated for early risers, another for night owls, and the third is for CPAP users. You can see pictures of the retreat center here: http://crossroadsretreat.org/facilities
- There are plenty of outlets in the bunkhouses. If you prefer to sleep in a bunkhouse with other CPAP users, we do have a bunkhouse designated for our attendees who use a CPAP.
- Yes. All buildings have air conditioning and heat.
- The staff at Crossroads Retreat Center do their best to accommodate special diet needs ; such as providing gluten sensitive options. However, we can not make any guarantees. You should plan on bringing your own food for your specific needs. We do have attendees who do this every year. There is a refrigerator, freezer, and microwave available for use as needed.